The Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board is thrilled to announce the launch of the We R Native website – a new national multimedia health resource for Native teens and young adults.
p align=”left”>The We R Native service includes:
- An interactive website: www.weRnative.org
- A text messaging service: Text “NATIVE” to 24587
- A Facebook© page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/
- A YouTube© Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/
- A Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/weRnative
- A Tumblr page: http://wernative.tumblr.com/
- And an email listserve for adults: Text “YouthNews” to 22828, or click here
We believe Native youth will change our world! But many need the tools, resources, and inspiration to do so. Special site features include: community service grants (up to $475), an “Ask Auntie” Q&A service, discussion boards, and medically accurate information, reviewed not just by Native youth, but by experts in public health, mental health, community engagement, and activism.
We R Native invites young people to get involved by participating in monthly contests about physical, sexual, and mental health, as well as life skills and culture. We hope WE R NATIVE will spark positive community engagement across Indian Country, and will inspire our young people to address the issues that affect them most. Thank you for helping us spread the word!
“Like” us on Facebook to see participants’ artwork, videos and digital stories that were created during the 2nd Annual THRIVE Conference this past June.