Pacific Hospital Preservation & Development Authority
1200 12th Ave. S, Quarters 2
Seattle, WA 98144
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Seattle, WA
Starting salary: $37,146 plus benefits
Application due date: Close of business on Monday, March 2, 2015
Application process: Please submit via email a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position including relevant experience in office coordination. Include your most recent resume with the cover letter. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
Application contact: Jeff Natter, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Office Coordinator is responsible for assuring office efficiency by facilitating and implementing office systems, managing purchasing of necessary equipment and supplies, creating and maintaining PHPDA databases and records, attending to the organization’s technology needs, and planning and overseeing events and meetings.
The Office Coordinator reports to the PHPDA Executive Director.
- OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATION
The Office Coordinator has lead responsibility in assuring that the PHPDA office functions in an efficient, effective manner that is compliant with all relevant City and State statutes.
- Organize and maintain the PHPDA’s physical and electronic files, including all current working files and historical records.
- Retrieve files, documents, reports, etc. and assemble them for use by PHPDA staff, councils, committees, and external parties.
- Identify maintenance needs of the office, research potential hires, coordinate contractors and services, and ensure work is completed and addressed in a timely manner. Perform minor maintenance needs in lieu of hiring for services, when feasible.
- Ensure that all necessary office supplies and equipment are ordered and stocked.
- Serve as internal liaison for the PHPDA’s Technology Services Contractor, including planning visits, detailing tasks required, ensuring technology needs are met.
- Identify current and future technological needs, troubleshoot technical problems as they arise, and ensure all technology needs are met between visits of the Technology Services Contractor.
- Update and maintain the Executive Director Succession Plan, emergency management contact hierarchy, and required documents for crisis management to ensure the safety of PHPDA operations in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure the safety and compliance of physical and electronic files, including overseeing file storage and backup of all PHPDA files.
- Serve as the agency’s Public Records Officer, acting as the point-person for records requests from the public.
- Maintain schedules and assist with correspondence, as necessary, on behalf of the Executive Director and Finance & Grants Manager.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
The Office Coordinator has primary responsiblity for management of the PHPDA’s website. Under the direction of the Executive Director and Grants Coordinator and in coordination with the PHPDA’s Communications Consultant, the Coordinator is also responsible for several aspects of the organization’s external communications functions.
- Maintain and update all general website content, including posting minutes and meeting notices, updating contact information for PHPDA staff/councils, editing and update information related to the PHPDA’s grantmaking.
- Working with the PHPDA Graphic Design Consultant, when necessary, design website layout and create/post photos and other graphics on the website.
- As necessary, assist grant and program staff in writing content for website and other communications for editing by the PHDA staff and Communications Consultant.
- Act as primary responder to external communications sent via the organization’s website.
- Maintain an accurate PHPDA Master Database list of contacts for use in sending the Report to the Community and Constant Contacts.
- GOVERNING COUNCIL & COMMITTEE SUPPORT
The Office Coordinator has primary responsibility for administrative activities related to the functions of the PHPDA’s Governing Council, Finance Committee, Planning Committee and other ad hoc committees.
- Act as staff support for all PHPDA Governing Council and committees. Compile, copy, and email all meeting materials to PHPDA staff, Council members, committee members, additional PHPDA contractors and consultants, relevant City of Seattle staff, and additional members of the community.
- Coordinate PHPDA-related meetings, include scheduling, venue preparation, ordering meals and beverages, setting up phone conferencing and audiovisual equipment, and other general administrative requirements for meeting preparation.
- Research potential Governing Council members and committee strategic advisors for the Nominating Committee and produce materials for the Nominating Committee to use when interviewing candidates.
- Attend Governing Council and Committee meetings. Take and prepare minutes.
- Prepare materials for Council Member appointments to the Seattle Mayor’s Office, the Seattle City Council, and the King County Council.
- EVENT PLANNING
The Office Coordinator is responsible for orchestrating PHPDA-sponsored events, including public meetings, and use of PHPDA offices and the Pacific Tower campus property for community use.
- Coordinate with PHPDA staff, contractors, and external entities to orchestrate events in PHPDA’s offices and on the Pacific Tower campus.
- Create a detailed budget of expenses needed to meet the objectives for the event, oversee purchasing and determine the necessary steps required to create the desired event.
- Manage and produce all correspondence with guests and catalog RSVPs.
- Coordinate equipment rental and hire vendors to cater the event, including the selection of food items and the supervising of hires during the event.
- FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
The Office Coordinator provides administrative support to the PHPDA’s financial functions.
- Research banking institutions for potential CD reinvestments and track data across time to help identify banks for CD reinvestment in the future.
- Process bill and invoice payments.
- Assist Finance & Grants Manager in compilation of files required for PHPDA audits.
- OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Significant work experience may be substituted for education level.
- At least two years of experience in office management and/or administrative management of complex, multi-faceted programs.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills and ability to prioritize a high volume multi-task workload.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with external parties and stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with website design, management and related applications.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
The Pacific Hospital Preservation & Development Authority is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and values diversity and its role in building a more inclusive culture and, ultimately, a more capable organization.
The successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.