June 25, 2015
Community Outreach Coordinator – Full Time Positions Hiring ASAP
LOCATION: (1) Snohomish (serving North Puget Sound), (1) Yakima (serving Central WA), (1) Tri-Cities (serving SE Washington)
CONTACT: Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be charged with organizing and implementing outreach efforts to prospective health care consumers in Washington, promoting brand awareness and influencing choice of the coverage options that Coordinated Care offers. This position will be promoting the health insurance products of Coordinated Care including Medicaid and Qualified Health Plans (QHP) available on Washington HealthPlanFinder.
He or she will be supervised by our Manager of Community Relations and will work remotely in an assigned geographic area.
- Identifying community opportunities and attending community events/meetings
- Organizing health plan sponsored events
- Developing relationships with community leaders and organizations
- Providing training and education about programs and services to health plan enrollees, In-person assisters/brokers, community stakeholders and providers
- Visiting Community Health Centers to educate, partner and distribute materials
- Generating leads for potential members
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work experience with community organizing/events, outreach or planning, relationship management or sales.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Experience with public speaking, presentations or face-to-face sales is preferred.
- Strong attention to written communication and attention to detail are essential.
- Familiarity or experience with health care, health care communications or health insurance is preferred.
- Bilingual is preferred. Yakima and Tri-Cities position requires ability to speak fluently in Spanish.
- Ability to establish and build relationship with various stake holder groups, cultural groups, community organizations and individuals.
- Ability to create and submit regular reporting, goal trackers and communications with the use of a computer and smart phone.
- Travel will be required, must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Licensing as a health insurance producer in WA or ability to take and pass the class (20 hours of instruction) and written/computerized examination to be licensed as a producer. Coordinated Care will pay costs associated with licensing as required.
Coordinated Care is a managed care insurance company based in Tacoma, WA. Coordinated Care serves Apple Health and commercial
members in Washington. More information can be found at www.coordinatedcarehealth.com.