JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Indian Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Ability to read simple instructions
- Ability to do some troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Must have good math skills. (Test required)
- Good communication skills to interact with co-workers and supervisors
- Must have team-oriented outlook and group cooperation
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience using hand tools, power tools, and other small repair equipment.
- Minimum of one (1) year working experience using clean solvents, chemicals and equipment
- Minimum of one (1) year experience operating of lifts, to include articulates, scissor, and fork lifts in and outside of facilities.
- Light plumbing and electrical experience preferred
- Must have valid State Driver’s license
- Must posses a clear driving record and meet the organizations insurance criteria.
- Must attend training and/or continuing education as assigned by Gaming Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- Applicants will be required to successfully pass a agility exam with at least a “medium” physical demand level score to determine if physically capability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Will be responsible for the deliverance of the highest level of customer service to guests, VIP’s, and co-workers.
- Must attend mandatory guest service training.
- Must be flexible to work at all gaming sites, the Tulalip Resort Casino, Quil Ceda Creek Casino, and Bingo.
- Must be able to work any shift assigned to included days, swing, grave, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be able to successfully complete either a tribal, state, or federal background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain a category A Tribal Gaming License and Washington State Gambling Commission Class III Certification.
- Successful employment history with the Tulalip Tribes and/or other employers
Physical Characteristics and/or Prerequisites:
- Manual dexterity for use of hand tools and repair equipment
- Stamina to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Mobility to stoop and climb stairs and ladders on a frequent basis
- Tolerance to be exposed to common cleaning solvents and chemicals
- Strengths to lift up to 26-50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and 51-100 lbs. on occasional basis
- Hand/eye coordination to use common small hand and power tools
- Tolerance to be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noise levels, and bright light
- Tolerance to work in a smoke-filled environment
- Physical and psychological tolerance to work on ladders, lifts and at high altitudes
Tribal Department: Maintenance
Employee Classification: Non-exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for general gaming machine service and building maintenance.
Employee Reports To: Technician Supervisor or designee
Extent of Job Authority: To perform preventative maintenance and repair on all gaming machines in accordance with established procedures. Performs building maintenance on both the Casino and Bingo buildings
Specific Duties Performed:
- Preventative maintenance and repair on all gaming equipment.
- Clean and/or replace layouts and foam padding on table games as needed.
- Clean and/or recover cloth on Poker tables as needed.
- Assist in the relocation of table games with approved floor plan.
- Maintains service center in good order and being mindful of safety issues.
- Maintains and properly secures a reasonable inventory of parts, secures tools in proper location, and keeps a record of all equipment and parts.
- Replace light bulbs as needed.
- Vacuums carpets and table layouts as assigned.
- Perform routine maintenance on roulette wheels and other gaming equipment.
- Performs repairs as needed that may include, but is not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or carpentry.
- Transport heavy gaming materials and items.
- Repair and maintain shuffle master machines.
- Change HVAC filters as needed.
- Operation of all lifts, to include articulates and forklifts, in and outside of facilities.
- Maintains an accurate maintenance log of routine maintenance, all repairs.
- Fix all minor repairs as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties assigned.
Terms of Employment: This is a Regular Full-time position requiring up to 40 hours per week, or 2080 hours per year.
Central Employment Office
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271
Phone: (360) 716-1562
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tulalip Tribal Employment Rights Office (TERO)
The TERO program assists Tribal members, other natives and their families in preferential employment, contracting and business opportunities. For more information link to www.TulalipTERO.com
Tulalip Tribes Administration Building
TERO (2nd floor)
6406 Marine Dr
Tulalip, WA 98271