Department: Thunderbird Treatment Center
Closing Date: Aug. 13, 2015
The Resident Aide works to ensure patient safety/security and facility security.
- Availability and reliability for work: On-time for scheduled shift and prepared to perform daily scheduled assignments. Ability to work with a variety of individuals in a residential treatment facility.
- Professional communication and teamwork: courteous and maintains professional communication with co-workers and patients at all times. Keeps counselors informed of patient status and concerns. Works as a member of a team and offers assistance to others.
- Maintain logbook. Record all client behavior, incidents, security programs, fire safety issues, and other relevant information. Make all required entries and generate incident reports and memos to the appropriate staff. Inform counselors of client rule or treatment infractions, inappropriate behavior, etc.
- Regularly monitor facility security and ensure client safety.
- Assist clients in entry, room assignment, and linens. Perform client orientation to facility.
- Client medication monitoring: maintain medication log and monitor patient self-administration of prescribed medications according to written directions, dosage and frequency. Immediately report non-compliance or any irregularities.
- Possible driving of agency van to transport and accompany clients to outings and appointments as a back up.
- Attend in-service trainings and meetings as required.
- Oversee activities at the center and off campus when scheduled and approved. See that the activities start and finish on time (i.e. chores, recovery meetings, visitation, passes, meals, outings, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: HS Diploma/GED
Experience: Experience working in a chemical dependency treatment center preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Familiarity with the health and social issues facing the AI/AN population and a desire to serve our population. Knowledge of recovery/substance abuse issues preferred. Ability to work varied shifts: day, swing and graveyard required. Ability to de-escalate and handle client safety/security issues.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk around grounds regularly: uphill, upstairs and at night.
Other: Successful completion of a background check. No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of two years prior to the time of employment and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed. Valid WA State Drivers license and able and eligible to drive agency vehicle preferred.
Human Resources: 206-324-9360 Ext. 1123