JOB TITLE: QCC Food & Beverage Supervisor- Beverage Operations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of running a high volume bar/nightclub with a food service.
- Must have demonstrated hands on beverage operation supervisory skills.
- Must have working knowledge of sequence of service with food, wines and liquors.
- Must have strong math skills related to department industry financials. (Test required)
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of POS systems.
- Must have the ability to maintain composure, think clearly and perform well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. (Test required)
- Must have the ability to develop and train all staff members, new and current, on a continual basis.
- Must have good organizational skills for interviewing, scheduling, and supervising hourly staff.
- Minimum of three (3) years working supervisory experience in a high volume bar and/or nightclub with food service.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a bartender and/or server in a high volume bar and/or nightclub operation.
- Minimum of one (1) year working experience utilizing MS Word and Excel programs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must obtain SERVSAFE certification with National Restaurant Association within 1 year from date of hire.
- Must be knowledgeable of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Must obtain a Snohomish County Health Food Handler’s Permit within 30 days from date of hire.
- Must obtain a Class 12 Washington State Liquor Permit within 30 days from date of hire.
- Will be responsible for the deliverance of the highest level of service to guests, VIP’s, co-workers and staff.
- Must attend progressive training as job functions and/or duties require.
- Must attend mandatory guest service training.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation for a Tribal Gaming License or Permit.
- Must be flexible to work any shift assigned to include days, swing, grave, weekends, holidays, and/or upon special events.
- Must have a successful employment history with the Tulalip Tribes and/or other current and past employers.
Physical Characteristics and/or Prerequisites:
- Manual and finger dexterity for preparing beverages, the operation of a personal computer, POS systems and routine paperwork.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Tolerance to be exposed to hot stoves and ovens.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Tolerance to work in a smoked filled and intense heat environment.
Tribal Department: QCC Food & Beverage
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Assists in the daily administrative and operational tasks of Beverage Operations. Ensures compliance with casino and departmental policies, procedures, and regulations. Performs comps and voids, authorizes early outs, covers shifts, and assists front line staff as needed. Motivates, trains, develops and supervises all QCC F&B team members. Ensures staff provides exceptional Food & Beverage guest experience.
Employee Reports To: QCC Food & Beverage Assistant Manager – Beverage Operations or designee
Extent of Job Authority: Authority to make decisions regarding the day-to-day operation of the department under the direction and guidance of the Assistant F&B Manager – Beverage Operations, and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Specific Duties Performed:
- Under the direction of the Beverage Operations Assistant Manager, responsible for supervision of all FOH and HOH staff which serves, sets up and prepares all beverage items which are served from the Food & Beverage Department, within the Casino and off-site sponsored functions.
- Assists in staffing, training, scheduling, and development of 40 or more beverage venue team members
- Assists in evaluation of all beverage operations team members with regular written performance reviews.
- Communicates with staff on all issues including, but not limited to, policies, procedures and promotional events.
- Recommends disciplinary actions for team members as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for providing written documentation of guest or team member concerns on a daily basis, using good judgment when responding to guest or team member concerns, promptly, fairly and in a professional manner.
- Maintains exemplary attendance and work standards as a model for department team members.
- Assists in maintaining all forms and controls including, but not limited to, daily, weekly, monthly inventories; production lists, order guides, schedules, transfer/purchase logs, manuals, beverage yields and product requisition.
- Capable of controlling and working the bar.
- Ability to proficiently prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and train all methods of beverage preparation for a high volume beverage operation.
- Provides assistance to bar staff with beverage service, stocking supplies, inventory, and cash handling as needed.
- Offers suggestions in the creation of marketing ideas and promotions for the QCC Food & Beverage department.
- Responsible for inventory of all items necessary for station set-ups, and accurate completion of production charts for amounts of items produced.
- Responsible for cleanliness of glassware, preparation utensils and ashtrays.
- Assists with controlling beverage and labor costs for beverage operations, and achievement of all budget goals.
- Provides open communication, counseling and problem resolution for all QCC Food & Beverage team members.
- Assists in updating SOP manuals, as directed by management.
- Required to attend all QCC Food & Beverage Department and/or Casino Staff meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of consistency, quality and appearance of all beverages prepared and served.
- Offers suggestions for increasing revenue, decreasing expenses, and maximizing departmental productivity without compromising guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the security of all Food & Beverage goods.
- Understands sequence of service and expedites orders.
- Ensures the bar/lounge is adequately staffed at all times.
- Ensures staff is on the floor, in proper sections, and assigns breaks as needed.
- Responsible for conducting pre-shift meetings, performing voids, wastes, walkouts, and comps when needed.
- Delegates work assignments and cleaning duties.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations regarding health and safety for team members and guests.
- Promotes positive work relationships and communication with all casino team members.
- May be additionally responsible for Food Operations in the absence of the QCC Food Operations Supervisor.
- Performs all other job related duties as deemed necessary or requested.
Terms of Employment: This is a Regular Full-time position, requiring up to 40 hours per work, or 2080 hours per year.
Central Employment Office
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271
Phone: (360) 716-1562
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.