The Clear Sky Native Youth Program is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Clear Sky Program Coordinator. The Seattle Clear Sky Native Youth Council is a weekly program serving the dual purpose of fostering academic enrichment, and cultural/traditional Indigenous learning experiences. SCNYC program strengthens community and promotes healthy identity development, personal growth and supports affirming universal tribal values. Native learners and family members participate in a variety of activities such as:
- Traditional Drumming, Singing, Blessing Ceremonies
- Weekly tutoring support with college mentors
- Traditional Storytelling, Talking Circles
- Community Service and Leadership Training
- Song Creation, Spoken Word workshops
- “Undoing Racism,” Decolonization Workshops
- Alcohol and Drug and Gambling Awareness
- Mural making and creative art projects
Collectively promote and engage in cultural, traditional activities and educational achievement. We strive to enhance tribal identities, personal and community growth and wellness. We advocate for justice, equality, and visibility in the Seattle community.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should contact Sarah Sense-Wilson, Urban Native Alliance, (UNEA) Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the program click on the link for their Website: http://urbannativeeducation.